Saturday, February 16, 2013

Asking for Trouble

Asking For Trouble

Sandra Byrd

Summary: A nub of doubt rose inside me—the kind that popped up, unwelcome, anytime I tried to rationalize something that wasn’t exactly true or right. This time I swallowed it back. I lived in London now. It was time to take matters into my own hands.

When her family moves to London, 15-year-old Savvy Smith has to make her way in a new school and in a new country. She just knows the school newspaper is the right place for her, but she doesn’t have the required experience. Can she come up with a way to prove herself and nab the one available position on the newspaper staff at Wexburg Academy?

LONDON CONFIDENTIAL: Where British fashion, friendships, and guys collide, and where an all-American girl learns to love life and live out her faith.


Genre: YA, Realistic Fiction, Christian

Published: April 1, 2010

Similar: So Not Happening By Jenny B. Jones, Pies & Prejudice by Heather Vogel Frederick

Rating: 4 stars

This book takes place in England!  That alone made me want to pick up the book. And when I did, I wasn't disappointed. I really did enjoy it.

The main character was a 3-D person who I loved. I could relate to Savvy trying to adjust and knew what she was going through when she was sad that her old friends had moved on. In fact, I think almost any girl has gone through what Savvy goes through in this book, though they may not have moved to England.  Also, Savvy is a strong Christian girl, but was not a stuck up, 'I'm so much better than anyone else' christian girl. She is very likable, and  I was so mad when Hazelle was acting like a complete snob towards her!

However, at some parts I was a tiny bit bored. I couldn't really tell you why;  I just simply lost interest for about twenty pages, though I quickly regained it. And sometimes, the author would over explain the English words--for example, I already knew what the loo was, and smart as well, and I'm sure many other readers did as well. But, all together, I enjoyed Asking For Trouble. Now, I have to go and find the next London Confidential book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!