Sunday, February 24, 2013

In My Mailbox


In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by The Story Siren. It highlights the books that we have received, bought, downloaded, or borrowed this week.
This is a picture of the books I bought this week (from a thrift shop, the only place where you can buy three books for under three dollars!), not including my e-books, which I got A LOT of: 



The Merchant of Death

D.J. MacHale

It looks good! I love books about other worlds, so hopefully I'll start this soon.





Click Here

By Denise Vega

I read this about two years before, but I didn't finish it; I quit after the twentieth page.  I'm giving it a second chance now, so hopefully it's better than I remember it.




Flippped

By Wendelin Van Draanen

I'm going into this book not really knowing what to expect.  I don't usually overly enjoy romance, but...there's a little chick on the cover! I couldn't resist.

 
Now, onto e-books....


Raggedy Ann Heart

By Heather McPhaul

I'm more attracted to the cover than the plot, but it was free, and it could be good.  It got good reviews, so fingers crossed!


The Mist On Bronte Moor

By Aviva Orr

I'm currently reading this, and it is SO GOOD.  Highly recommended, especially for Wuthering Heights fans like me. 

 



The Clairvoyance Clock

By K.M. Parr

 The title and the plot made me need to buy this!

 

 To Dream, Perchance To Soar

By Ashlyn Nafina

I find this cover really pretty.  I think I'm going to read this ASAP.

 

 

London Escape

By Cacey Hopper

The plot had me hooked! I just realized I've been reading a lot of books that take place in Europe recently.

 

 

Corridor

By R.M. Parrish

What can I say? I'm a sucker for dystopian, and it looks interesting.

 

 

The Escape

 By Samantha Abigail Ashford

It reminded me of Hannah Montana.  Hey, don't judge; you know you loved that show when you were younger.



 
So, that's what I got this week! They all look pretty good, so I'm excited!

10 comments:

  1. I read Flipped years ago and thought it was cute. Also, my friends LOVED the Pendragon novels. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mist of Bronte Moor looks really interesting. Not really a huge Wuthering Heights fan, though.

    Anyway, enjoy your goodies. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Mist on Bronte Moor is really good. You don't have to be a Wuthering Heights fan to enjoy it, but I am geeking out over all the allusions to it in the story. :)

      Delete
  3. Nice haul. The To Dream cover is so fab. I know you will enjoy all your reads.
    New follower.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following me! I think the To Dream Perchance to Soar is my favorite cover out of all of the books.

      Delete
  4. I've wanted to read Flipped for forever! I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading!
    New follower :)

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Click it looks quite interesting :D Hope you enjoy it the 2nd time around.

    Here's my IMM

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!