Saturday, February 16, 2013

Robin: Lady of Legend


Robin: Lady of Legend

By R.M. Arcejaeger

Summary: What if Robin Hood wasn't the man you thought him to be—what if he wasn't a man at all?

Robin of Locksley is young, headstrong, and about to receive the worst birthday present of her life. Still struggling to define herself in a society that believes women are fit for little more than governing a household and bearing children, she balks at her father's plans for her future, but the consequences of her rebellion prove deadly. Hunted by both her father and the Sheriff, Robin is forced to hide her identity and seek refuge as an outlaw in Sherwood Forest.

Disguised as a lad for protection, Robin maintains a careful isolation from the world around her...until she chances upon a young boy being beaten to death by the Sheriff's soldiers. Her rescue of the youth marks the beginning of her leadership in Sherwood forest and of the unfortunates who seek refuge therein. Robin's endeavors to provide a life of honor and purpose for her people while aiding the land's downtrodden win her high esteem, but enrage the Sheriff of Nottingham, who plots a deadly fate for her and her band.

As the Sheriff's traps close in around her and assassins seek to bring her down, Robin must risk losing love, leadership, and life if she is to save her people and fulfill her destiny as one of history's greatest heroes.

Alive with adventure and danger, sword fights and heists, hatred and love, Robin: Lady of Legend is the never-before-told tale of the girl who became Robin Hood.


Genre: YA, Retellings

Published: January 1, 2012

Similar Books: The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle

Rating: 5 stars!

 I was completely taken by this book. It was not some crappy retelling like some of the books I've read, it was a good twist on the original tale. I read the original story a couple of years ago, so while I was reading this, I could remember some of the scenes--but in this book the had the added element that Robin was secretly a girl. I was reading this book before bed, and I was going "Well, I'll read just one more minute!" thirty minutes in a row. When I finally got to bed, I couldn't wait to wake up and finish it. The writing was excellent with no errors, which pleasantly surprised me since I got this for free on the kindle store. In short, this book was  AWESOME and I would highly recommend it.  And, even if you haven't read Robin Hood, you can still read this book without wondering what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!