Saturday, February 16, 2013

Twin Crush


Twin Crush

By Nabila Owens

Summary: Cassidy and Presley are twin sisters, but they are both different. Cassidy is a popular cheerleader, while Presley is a quiet artist.  Their first year of high school, they both fall for a guy--the same guy! What will happen?

Genre: Juvenile/YA, Realistic Fiction

Published: February 9, 2013

Similar Books:  Currently N/A

My Rating: 3.5 stars

Twin Crush is a short story, the first book in the High School Wars series. I'm going to be honest. It was a bit cliché, and at times could have used editing and polishing. I am pretty sure that this is a new author, so I'm sure she'll improve as she writes more, but at the beginning of the book, she told what the girls were like and such rather than showing the reader.

But, somehow, I enjoyed this story anyway. It managed to get me feeling sorry for Presley and ticked at Tucker and Cassidy, and a story that makes me feel something is the kind of story I like best. There is no doubt in my mind that Nabila Owens has a lot of promise as a writer, and yes--I will definitely be buying the rest of the High School Wars series when it comes out. I would recommend this to girls of any age--it's about teens, but is appropriate for girls younger than that. Although I think this book would have been better if the author had made it longer--it felt rushed at times, I enjoyed this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!