Monday, March 4, 2013

The Storm Bottle



 

The Storm Bottle

By Nick Green

Summary: They say thatswimming with dolphins is the number one thing to do before you die.
For 12-year-old Michael, it very nearly is. A secret boat trip has gone tragically wrong, and now he lies unconscious in hospital.
But when Michael finally wakes up, he seems different. His step-sister Bibi is soon convinced that he is not who he appears to be. Meanwhile, in the ocean beyond Bermuda’s reefs, a group of bottlenose dolphins are astonished to discover a stranger in their midst – a boy lost and desperate to return home.

Bermuda is a place of mysteries. Some believe its seas are enchanted, and the sun-drenched islands conceal a darker past, haunted with tales of lost ships. Now Bibi and Michael are finding themselves in the most extraordinary tale of all.


Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Juvenile/YA

Published: January 30, 2013

Similar: Well, I know of one, but it would give away the plot.

My Rating: 5 stars!

Okay, so this book? Positively amazing. Practically flawless. Simply stunning. Do you understand how much I loved this? I feel like I have to use a gif to communicate how much I adore this book:
description
This is GIF status, people. If I give any book a gif, it means it's either really terrible or unbelievably fantastic.

I was hooked on this book from the very beginning. Bibi was an awesome, easy to like main character. Michael was slightly less easy to like, but as I continued to read this story, he really develops as a character, and you can't help but like him as well.

Now, onto the plot. I don't want to give anything away, but it reminded me of a certain movie that I loved when I was younger. That is really vague, I know, but I don't want to give away a single thing about the plot. You'll love it--that's all I need to say.

Every other chapter alternates between Bibi and Michael. I have to say that I liked Bibi's POV a lot more than Michael's, but I still really liked Michael's. It's just that Bibi was my favorite character in the whole book.

Now, I know that I've been raving about book endings lately, and I don't like to repeat myself, but holy poop! The ending was so amazingly awesome! I was trying not to cry, and then I was trying not to cheer! That's not an exaggeration, I was seriously holding back tears. I feel like there could easily be a sequel how the author ended it, but at the same time it can be a stand alone book as well. It is just so good!

As soon as I finished this, I rushed back to Goodreads because I had to become a fan of Nick Green, and I had to write a review telling people how stupendous this book is. This is the reason that I still buy free books on kindle; because among all the garbage, there's that one treasure. It sounds cheesy, but it's true.

2 comments:

  1. The rainvoices are leaping with delight. Thank-you.
    NG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!