Monday, March 18, 2013

Review: Tuesdays at the Castle

Tuesdays at the Castle (Castle Glower #1)
 

Tuesdays at the Castle

By Jessica Day George

Summary: Tuesdays at Castle Glower are Princess Celie's favorite days. That's because on Tuesdays the castle adds a new room, a turret, or sometimes even an entire wing. No one ever knows what the castle will do next, and no one-other than Celie, that is-takes the time to map out the new additions. But when King and Queen Glower are ambushed and their fate is unknown, it's up to Celie, with her secret knowledge of the castle's never-ending twists and turns, to protect their home and save their kingdom. This delightful book from a fan- and bookseller-favorite kicks off a brand-new series sure to become a modern classic.
 
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Juvenile
 
Published: October 25, 2011
 
Similar: Currently N/A
 
My Rating: 4.5 stars
 
This is a delightful and original tale from one of my favorite authors! And, there's a sequel coming in two months! Yay!

I usually start with the characters, so, here it is; they were all amazing. Yep, I really have no criticism whatsoever. The main siblings in this story, Rolf, Lila, and Celie, are a bit like Peter, Susan, and Lucy from the Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. (There's not really an Edmond personality among the main characters, though.) Pogue was another character who I loved from the start. He is a handsome flirt with a personality that you just can't help but like.

The castle was another very fascinating part of the plot. By the end of this book, I decided that I would love to live in a place that changes rooms and hallways when it gets bored! Yes, it would be a bit inconvenient if I was running late for something, but it would always be an adventure to walk around my own house.

The ending was just right, and can be a stand alone book so that you are not pining away for the next book, but I can assure you that you will most likely want to read the sequel to this wonderful story. I'm 99.999% sure you will; I would be 100% sure, but some people are intensely picky about their books.

Oh, was this book good! No, that doesn't describe it right...superb might be a better description. This was a superb book. I would highly recommend you picking up this book and reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!