Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review: Grace, Gold and Glory: My Leap of Faith

Grace, Gold, and Glory: My Leap of Faith

Grace, Gold & Glory: My Leap of Faith

By Gabrielle Douglas, Michelle Burford

Blurb: In the 2012 London Olympics, US gymnast Gabby Douglas stole hearts and flew high as the All-Around Gold Medal winner, as well as acting as a critical member of the US gold-medal-winning women gymnastics team. In this personal autobiography, Gabby tells her story of faith, perseverance, and determination, demonstrating you can reach your dreams if you let yourself soar.
 
Genres: YA, Nonfiction
 
Published: November 27, 2012
 
Series: N/A
 
Similar: Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Trying to Get Back on the Board by Bethany Hamilton; Winning Balance: What I've Learned So Far About Love, Faith, and Living Your Dreams by Shawn Johnson
 
My Rating: 4 stars
 
 
This book is probably my favorite autobiographies I have read so far. It was so cool to read about my all-time favorite olympic athlete and learn more about her.

Gabby's story is really inspirational, and one that I would encourage people to read. She overcame so much; a rare disorder, bullying, and an absent father. It is easy to see when reading that her faith is really important to her!

It's cool to read about Gabby as a normal kid, as well as learn about her road to the Olympics. At one point, Gabby talks about how she and her friend loved the show H2O: Just Add Water, which I thought was awesome because my sister and I used to watch that show all the time!

The one thing I didn't like was that there were one or two 'lols'. I don't exactly love it when people put text talk in a book; save it for your phones! That is the only thing that really annoyed me about this book. Other than that, I thought it was a wonderful, inspirational book. If you loved the olympics, and especially if you love gymnastics, Gabby Douglas' autobiography is an absolute must-read!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!