Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review: Finding Sanctuary

Finding Sanctuary (The Halcyon Legacy #2)

Finding Sanctuary

By Casey Hopper

Blurb: Know your enemy…

Kit Hawthorn knows who the enemy is this time. The man responsible for kidnapping her friend Jason last summer is the same man who tore her family apart years ago. And this time Kit will stop at nothing to bring the elusive Mr. V to justice.

Just months after her escape from London, Kit is still reeling from the knowledge that her dad is an operative for the top-secret organization known as Halcyon. She thought she knew everything about the mysterious circumstances surrounding her mom’s death, but more truths continue to be brought to light, causing Kit to question her place in her family’s legacy. Once more, she’s faced with a hard choice. She can either follow her instincts and hunt V down, sacrificing the carefully rebuilt trust between her and her dad, or she can sit back and watch V slip through their fingers again.

With her decision made, Kit decides to throw caution to the wind and follow V’s trail to South America. With their relationship on the rocks, Jason and Kit form an unsteady alliance and begin their most dangerous adventure yet. With every heartbeat, Kit will push herself to the limit, all for the sake of knowing the truth. Deep within the Amazon rainforest, on their way to the mysterious location known only as Sanctuary, she will discover there is far more at stake this time than her own revenge. When Kit finally gets the chance to confront V, she will be faced with the hardest choice of all; to once again be the victim, or to embrace her parent’s legacy and fight back against evil with all the strength she has.
 
Genres: YA, Action, Adventure, Mystery, Romance
 
Published: February 20, 2013
 
Series: Halcyon Legacy by Casey Hopper (Book 2)
 
My Rating: 4 stars
 
I liked this book better than London Escape, because it was a bit more original. There were a couple things that reminded me of a specific Criminal Minds episode, (can’t get into the details though, it would be too spoiler-y) but for the most part, I did not suffer from déjà vu while reading this.

Jason was a much bigger character in this story, and I must say, I didn’t like him as much as I wanted to. His joking around with Kit got on my nerves at times. Well, the content of his jokes did. Not that they are dirty or anything; I just would get annoyed if my ex-boyfriend joked around like that with me, and I definitely would have told him to knock it off. I highly doubt anyone else will be annoyed by this, though.

The action, really, is what I love about this series. It reminds me a tad of the Gallagher Girls books (the later ones, definitely not I’d Tell You I Love You but Then I’d Have to Kill You), so naturally I love it! You won’t get bored with this series, that’s for sure.
After finishing this I know that I’ll be reading the next book. This is a great series, especially for people who like to read spy/thriller stories!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!