Saturday, May 4, 2013

Review: The Vanishing Violin

The Vanishing Violin (The Red Blazer Girls, #2)

The Vanishing Violin

Michael D. Beil

Blurb: When there are mysteries to be solved, the Red Blazer Girls are on the case! The discovery of the Ring of Rocamadour has secured the girls' reputation as Upper East Side super-sleuths, bringing many sundry job requests (no mystery too small, right?) and some unwanted attention from crooks. This time the girls must follow a trail of cryptic clues, involving everything from logic to literature, to trace a rare violin gone missing. But nothing is as it appears, and just as a solution seems imminent, the girls find themselves scrambling to save the man who was once their prime suspect. Bowstrings and betrayal, crushes and codes abound in this suspenseful companion to the Red Blazer Girls' 2009 debut. Recent clues indicate that there'll be more mystery and mayhem to come!
 
Genres: Juvenile/YA, Humor, Mystery, Realistic Fiction
 
Published: August 10, 2010
 
Series: Red Blazer Girls by Michael D. Beil
 
Similar: Girl's Best Friend by Leslie Margolis
 
My Rating: 4 stars
 
The Red Blazer Girls series is #2 on my mental 'funniest series ever' list; second only to Diary of a Wimpy Kid. If you read this series, I can assure you you'll be giggling at least once. The Vanishing Violin was not quite as funny as the first book, but it was very close. And there was an awesome revenge plot in this book-BWAHAHAHAHA!

I really got to know Leigh Ann much better in this book. That goes for all the girls, really. There is also a new character, Mbingo. Who doesn't love a name like Mbingo? I really hope we get to see more of her in the next book, because....I like saying Mbingo.

The mystery in here was just as good as Ring of Rocamadour. I liked the plot twists, and, though it's true some people will be able to guess the ending, I didn't.

And...new cutie! In this book we are introduced to Andrew. Don't worry; Sophie doesn't date him. There will be no love triangles in here!

Oh, and Livvy Clack...oh how I love the 'mean girl' plot. Love, love, looooovvveeee. I won't get spoiler-y on y'all, but that girl got what was coming to her. And I was mentally cheering the whole time.

This was almost as good as the first installment of the Red Blazer Girls, and I really enjoyed it. It's a great series!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!