Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Review: Deep Blue Secret

Deep Blue Secret by Christie Anderson

Deep Blue Secret

By Christie Anderson

Blurb: California teen Sadie James thinks her life couldn't get any better. She has great friends, an energetic mother she adores, and the beach practically in her own backyard. But her carefree life is turned upside down when she's rescued by a mysterious and strangely familiar boy who won't even tell her his name. Each time the boy appears, Sadie's unexplainable attraction to him deepens along with her need to unravel his secrets. The boy is there to protect her, but as wonderful and exciting as it might be to have an irresistible boy with crystal green eyes protecting her every move, every minute of the day...why does Sadie need one? As Sadie finds answers, she realizes her life isn't as perfect as she thought. Not only is she caught in a world of dangerous secret agents she never knew existed, but it turns out her true identity may be the greatest secret of all.

Genres: Fantasy, Mystery, Paranormal, Romance, YA
Published: July 29, 2011

Series: The Water Keepers by Christie Anderson

I was reading a review once where the person said that they loved the book because of its many faults. I think that's not possible. So, I liked this book in SPITE of it's many faults. Its many, insta-lovey, mary-sueish faults.

First, we have Sadie. She's popular, pretty, and basically every single guy is throwing themselves at her. Yawn. She also has a mysterious birthmark on her wrist.

Then there's Rayne. He's hot, mysterious, he saves Sadie's life...did I mention he's mysterious? Sadie says that she has a hard time not looking at his super attractive muscles. I give you ze instalove!

Early in the book, I thought about stopping because I felt this was going in a direction I didn't like. Insta-love and perfect characters aren't exactly my ideal book. But I went on, and I'm glad that I did!

The Water Keepers are really cool. One, because they aren't a fairy, vampire, or werewolf, which have been done hundereds of times in slightly different ways. Two, because they're just plain interesting. I want to learn more about them!

Also, I loved the friendship between Rayne and Ash. I'm not exactly sure why; it wasn't even a main focus of the story. I just liked it for some reason.

So, I think I would recommend this, but I'd warn the person that the first few chapters are a bit hard to get through. I think teen girls would like this story the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!