Saturday, June 22, 2013

Review: Fashion Frenzy

Fashion Frenzy (Beacon Street Girls, #9)

Fashion Frenzy

By Annie Bryant

Blurb: Katani and Maeve head to New York City to experience a teen fashion show. Meanwhile, back in Boston, the seventh grade class goes to the Museum of Fine Art to explore the Egyptian mummies. Katani and Maeve learn the hard way that fashion is all about self-expression and being true to one's self.

Genres: YA, Chick Lit, Realistic Fiction

Published: September 1, 2006

Series: Beacon Street Girls by Annie Bryant

My Rating: 3.5 stars

Wait; did I just actually ENJOY this? I did! In fact, I believe this is the best book since Lake Rescue. Well, didn't see that coming!

After reading Lucky Charm, I wrote this series off as finally dead. But I decided to read this one when I had nothing else to do. I'm glad I did!

Fashion Frenzy actually has an enjoyable and (mostly) non preachy plot. Yes, there is some stuff about not bullying, and yes, it is extremely corny, but it's not over-the-top overdone. It was a fun read, in other words.

I loved reading about Katani and Maeve in the Big Apple. Katani is my least favorite Beacon Street Girl, but I sill loved it when she got one of her scarves featured in the fashion show! (Though it was highly unlikely; but books don't have to be completely realistic!)

I liked this book a lot, which was unexpected. Though this series has become highly unpredictable for me, I would recommend this book to fans of Beacon Street Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!