Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review: The Steele Wolf


Steele Wolf (Iron Butterfly, #2)
 


The Steele Wolf

By Chanda Hahn

Blurb: After finally settling into her new life at the Citadel, Thalia is reunited with her father, who is disturbed at the changes within her. Risking banishment, Thalia must work to prove to her clan and herself that she is still capable of leading them. The problem is, her memories haven’t returned, and she cannot shake the feeling that she doesn’t belong.

Thalia discovers that betrayal runs deep within her clan, just as she sets out to join Joss and Kael in doing the one thing she fears most: track the Septori to save Joss’ kidnapped sister. Along the way, she must confront her own fears on a journey of self-discovery that will take her deep into the stronghold of Denai; as they travel to the ancient floating city of Skyfell.


Genres: YA, Adventure, Fantasy, Mystery, Paranormal, Romance

Published: December 31, 2012

Series: Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (Book 2)

My Rating: 4.5 stars

This is the sequel to Iron Butterfly, and it is *almost* as good as the first. Really, it is. There were a few flaws in the story, but I was absolutely hooked from the start, so I really won't do much complaining in this review.

First off, Thalia finds her family and starts to remember her past! YESSSSS! It was so awesome to read about her finding out about how she was before the Septori took her.

We have more Kael in this book. If you thought he was wonderful in The Iron Butterfly, read the Steele Wolf and be prepared to swoon. He's adorable! His soft side is shown more in here, and questions are answered about why he is following Thalia around. (And, no, it's not because he is a stalker, he has a legitimate reason!)

There's also more Joss, but as you know I'm not team Joss, so...moving on.

I loved the idea of Skyfell and the dorabills. I don't think I would live there, I'd stay in Skydown, but it would still be cool to live on a floating city!

The one thing I didn't like was that when Bearen hosts the Kragh Aru, it reminded me of the contest for Merida in Brave. Even Thalia's father sounds like Merida's father.

All in all, though, it was amazing! I really enjoyed it. I will definitely be reading the Silver Siren when it's released. (Please be soon!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!