Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Review: His Kiss

   
                                       

His Kiss

By Melanie Marks


Blurb: Ally’s world was totally on track: the right boyfriend, the right school committees, the right plans. But then she kisses the school “bad boy.” And now nothing is right. Nothing! Because all she can think about is … His Kiss.


Genres: Young Adult, Realistic Fiction, Romance

Published: November 23, 2011

Series: N/A

My Rating: 4 stars

I feel bad to admitting it, people; but I have wrongly judged a book by its cover. Sigh. I'm sorry. So, because I did that, His Kiss was a very pleasant suprise for me-which only made me like the book more!


First off, Griffin was pretty adorable. He's a bad boy, but under that, he's really sweet. And then there's Ally, who doesn't know which boy to choose; she and Griffin obviously have some chemistry, but she's more of a 'vanilla' kind of girl. Her struggles about liking Griffin were fun to read about, and it didn't get so played out as to get exasperating. 



Melanie Marks did a great job portraying all the conflicting emotions Ally feels. I was actually tearing up when she was talking about watching Aiden with another girl! TEARING UP! 



And, while the book is short, it's still juuust the right length for this type of story; not so long that it gets tedious, and not so short that it feels too rushed.



This is such an adorable story. It's short and sweet, and that was what I needed at the time I read this. I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!