Saturday, October 26, 2013

Finding Eden by Camilla Beaver

                                 

Finding Eden


By Camilla Beavers

Blurb: Eden dreamed. She dreamed of a man, one with liquid gold eyes. But when she meets Sahariel for the first time she can't help but wonder if she's going crazy. People can see him, but she can't see any colors swirl around him, not like they do with other people. Feeling irrevocably tied to him, she can't figure him out. Even with her own eccentricities, Eden thought she had finally become somewhat normal, but once he stepped into her life, everything was changed.
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Published: September 28, 2012
Series: N/A
My Rating: 2 stars

Finding Eden was a book that 1) sounded interesting and 2) was free, so I snagged it. It’s been sitting on my kindle for a while, but I finally got to it. And, I was left disappointed.

First and foremost, the plot was very convoluted. Truly, this wouldn’t have been so bad if the book had been longer, but because of the shortness, Finding Eden ended up jumping from one thing to another. First, Eden is a loser who nobody talks to because she sees emotions. Then, she’s an elf. And then, she’s the elf queen. And then, she’s pregnant.

Second, the friends we were introduced to at the beginning of the story had basically no point whatsoever.  They’re there for the beginning, and then Eden goes off to another world and we don’t see them again until the epilogue.

Speaking of the epilogue, it goes at the end, not the beginning. The prologue is before the real story starts, not after it ends. They were mixed up in this book, which annoyed me a lot.

Also, if Eden apparently says stupid/weird stuff, then make her say stupid/weird stuff; don’t just say she does and then let her be perfectly normal. 

Obviously, Finding Eden wasn’t my favorite. So why am I giving this two stars instead of one? Well, I didn’t hate it. There were some really good <i>ideas</i>, they just weren’t executed very well. Eden being able to see emotions was cool, it just wasn’t the main focus of the story like it really should have been.

This book was lacking for me; maybe with some editing the story could be improved upon, but I don’t like it very much in its current state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!