Saturday, November 30, 2013

If You're Reading This, It's Too Late by Pseudonymous Bosch


 If You Are Reading This, It's Too Late

By Pseudonymous Bosch

Blurb: Beware!


Dangerous secrets lie between the pages of this book.


OK, I warned you. But if you think I'll give anything away, or tell you that this is the sequel to my first literary endeavor, The Name of This Book is Secret, you're wrong.


I'm not going to remind you of how we last left our heroes, Cass and Max-Ernest, as they awaited intiation into the mysterious Terces Society, or the ongoing fight against the evil Dr. L and Ms. Mauvais. I certainly won't be telling you about how the kids stumble upon the Museum of Magic, where they finally meet the amazing Pietro!


Oh, blast! I've done it again. Well, at least I didn't tell you about the missing Sound Prism, the nefarious Lord Pharaoh, or the mysterious creature born in a bottle over 500 years ago, the key to the biggest secret of all.


I really can't help myself, now can I? Let's face it---if you're reading this, it's too late.

Genre(s):  Juvenile, Humor, Adventure, Mystery

Published: October 1, 2008

Series: Secrets (Book 2)

My Rating: 4 stars

This book features a surly, centuries-old  man who was made in poop who is also a connoisseur of wines.

 That sentence alone will probably tell you if the book is for you or not, but here is a real review juuuust in case. 

I loved this book. After reading The Name of This Book Is Secret, I knew I wanted to continue the series, but I never did. This book, in my opinion, wasn't as....different....as the first, but in my opinion, it was just as good.

What I liked most about this book was the homunculus, a.k.a. Cabbage Face. What a character! Possibly one of my favorite characters. His personality was awesome. He's grouchy, but loyal, and his grouchiness is pretty funny, not the annoying kind. His backstory....it was so sad. Did I mention his name is CABBAGE FACE?

We also have one character I didn't like that much. Yo-Yoji. Honestly, the book would have been fine without him. He seemed pretty pointless. I'm sure I'll grow to like him, but in this book, he was really just kind of distracting. 

The plot, like the first one, is slightly quirky and very awesome. More of the Terces Society, more Midnight Sun, more humor, and more insanely original storylines. I finished it in two or three hours because I didn't want to stop reading it.

Now onto the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!