Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Son of A Mermaid By Katie O'Sullivan

 


Son of A Mermaid

 By Katie O'Sullivan

Blurb: Shea MacNamara's life just got complicated. After a freak tornado devastates his Oklahoma farm, the fifteen-year-old orphan is whisked away to Cape Cod. Struggling to make sense of his new surroundings, he's trying hard to deal with feelings of abandonment... and the emotions stirred by a girl he meets along the shore. Kae belongs to an undersea world hidden from drylanders. The daughter of royal servants, she knows the planned marriage of her Princess to the foreign King should put an end to the war between the clans. But two things stand in the way of lasting peace: the ambitions of the foreign King's regent, and rumors of the Princess's bastard child. Sparks fly when she meets Shea, but could the cute drylander really be the Son of a Mermaid?

Genres:  Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal, Fantasy

Published: May 15, 2013

Series: N/A

My Rating: 3 stars

A free copy was received from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book was fun; not too different than any other mermaid stories, but when you're a person who likes mermaid books, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Oh, it was rather predictable; and really, there were only small things that distinguished it from other similar books, but I still liked it.

Like I said, the plot was not hugely original, but enjoyable nonetheless. I admit I'm a sucker for mermaid tales; I have been ever since I cracked open Emily Windsnap, and this was kind of like the YA version of Emily Windsnap. So, of course I liked it.

The story made me want to visit Nantucket, so that's a plus! And I liked how the author started out each chapter with a list of what Shea had picked up on the beach that day. All in all, I thought the writing was pretty good.

It was a quick story that held my interest. I'm not sure how memorable it will be for me, but it kept me entertained while I was reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!