Sunday, December 29, 2013

Those Who Trespass by Melody Valadez

Those Who Trespass

By Melody Valadez

Blurb: Seventeen-year-old Jenn Alistor is a murderer.

For months, she and her brother, Jake, have stayed one step ahead of the FBI. Now Jake is missing, maybe even kidnapped, and Jenn's last hope is a risky deal with the feds: if they'll help her find her brother, she'll turn herself in. But their so-called help comes in the form of 21-year-old Clayton Ford—brother of the guy she killed.

Lives aren't the only thing at stake any more. This is Jenn's one shot at forgiveness. But she has to choose.

Time is running out.


Genres:  YA, Thriller, Mystery, Romance

Published: August 27, 2013

Pages: 332

Rating: 4 stars

Well, after reading that amazing blurb, I knew that I had to get this book. And I was definitely not disappointed; this was definitely one of the best stories I read this month.  I will admit that Those Who Trespass is not a book I would normally read; I am rather undernourished in the thriller genre. But this book was so good that I am really starting to regret that!  

I L-O-V-E-D Jenn and Clayton. They were such fleshed out characters, which has been something hard to come by in the books I've read lately. Jenn's guilt is so strongly showed but at the same time she's so much more than simply a guilty murderer; it was just...perfect. And Clayton...Melody Valadez did such a good job portraying his emotional turmoil. It was so amazing. Ugh, I can't even describe how great it was.  

And the action....oh my gosh, it was the best! I love when a book starts out with some action. It gets me into the story almost instantly. And this book had some GREAT action. 

If there was one thing I could say wasn't great with this book, it was the romance between Clayton and Melody. It was sweet and Clayton was basically the most amazing boy ever, but at the same time...Melody murdered  his brother. And you are going to go and date this person? I found it unrealistic, but at the same time I liked it. My feelings are very conflicted right now. 

So to wrap this review up...well, just go and read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!