Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Escape of Princess Madeline by Kristin Pulioff

The Escape of Princess Madeline

By Kristin Pulioff

Blurb: The Kingdom of Soron is known for many things, its rolling landscape, haunting history, fiery sunsets, and its beautiful princess. Princess Madeline woke on her sixteenth birthday to realize that her future had been planned out, a life full of privilege, royalty, and boredom... a life with a husband and knight champion that she did not choose. Using her charm, strength and stubbornness, she defies the King at every turn, determined to keep her freedom on her terms.

Freedom quickly turns to disaster as she finds herself seized by a group of wandering bandits. With the kingdom in turmoil over her capture- her Knight Champion eager to prove himself, a group of dedicated suitors determined to win her hand, and a group of exiled wizards join forces in the hunt to rescue her. Follow Princess Madeline in this adventure to find freedom and love.

Genres: Juvenile, Fantasy

Published: November 5, 2012

Series: Princess Madeline (book 1)

Pages:  120

My Rating: 2.5 stars

I felt that much of this book was cliched. There wasn't anything new here. To be fair, I have read a huge amount of fairy tales and fantasy, so it can be hard for me to call something original in this genre. But the whole running away because you don't want to get married has been done before; the Ordinary Princess is the story that comes to mind first.

I thought that Madeline acted very juvenile for her age. I didn't really like reading about her character; not because I didn't relate to her or anything like that (though I didn't), her character simply didn't hold my interest.

On the bright side, it was a quick read, and didn't take up too much of my time, so I am thankful for that. I am not sure I would recommend this, but I could see younger children enjoying this, so perhaps I would



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!