Tuesday, February 11, 2014

30 Days of No Gossip by Stephanie Faris

30 Days of No Gossip

By Stephanie Faris

Blurb: Can a middle school gossip queen change her ways, or will she lose her BFF for good? Find out in this M!X original novel.

Maddie Evans prides herself on being the gossip queen of Troy Middle School. She is the first person her classmates go to when they need the latest news on the ins-and-outs of TMS; and Maddie never disappoints.

Her best friend since birth, Vi, isn';t crazy about Maddie's penchant for passing on rumors, but it's never been an issue in their friendship. Until the day Maddie lets slip who Vi is crushing on-in front of her crush.

Vi is furious, and she confronts Maddie with an ultimatum: no gossip for 30 days, or twelve years of sisterhood goes down the drain.

Maddie agrees, but only a week into the challenge, she gets one of the juiciest pieces of gossip EVER-- something that could affect the future of the school. Will she be able to keep her mouth shut and tame her ways? Or will she be left standing alone with no one to hear her stories?

Genres: Juvenile, Realistic Fiction, Chick Lit

Publication Date: March 18, 2014

Series: N/A

Pages: 208

My Rating: 4 stars

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

I've loved the M!X Books for a long time. I know I'm probably not the intended age for any of them, but I have never rated any of them under three stars. So, I was expecting this book to be good, but 30 Days of No Gossip totally blew all my expectations away!

It's light, but not fluffy. I love a fluffy book as much as the next person, but those definitely aren't the kind of books I want to read constantly. I love when there's a message in a book. This book has a great message about friendship and how gossip can hurt others, and it doesn't take a long time to read at all.
 I could relate to the characters. Who hasn't gossiped or been gossiped about? Basically no one. The book is about a real life situation, and a common situation at that. Girls will be able to relate to either Vi, Maddie, or possibly both. And personally, I find being able to relate characters always makes the book more enjoyable.

There was one thing I was wary about when starting this book, and that is the fact that the title is...well, it's not too original. The book is about a girl who tries to go 30 days without gossiping. But I bet you could guess that based on the title, huh? I usually don't read books that have unoriginal titles, and I am sure that I am not the only reader that does this. (Please tell me I'm not!) But with this situation, I would plead readers to not judge a book by it's cover..er, title, and give it a try. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!