Friday, March 7, 2014

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

 

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets

By J.K. Rowling

Blurb: The Dursleys were so mean and hideous that summer that all Harry Potter wanted was to get back to the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. But just as he's packing his bags, Harry receives a warning from a strange, impish creature named Dobby who says that if Harry Potter returns to Hogwarts, disaster will strike.

And strike it does. For in Harry's second year at Hogwarts, fresh torments and horrors arise, including an outrageously stuck-up new professor, Gilderoy Lockheart, a spirit named Moaning Myrtle who haunts the girl's bathroom, and the unwanted attentions of Ron Weasley's younger sister, Ginny.

But each of these seem minor annoyances when the real trouble beings, and someone--or something--starts turning Hogwarts students to stone. Could it be Draco Malfoy, a more poisonous rival than ever? Could it possibly be Hagrid, whose mysterious past is finally told? Or could it be the one everyone at Hogwarts most suspects...Harry Potter himself.


Genres: Juvenile, Fantasy, Classics, Adventure

Publication Date: July 2, 1999

Series: Harry Potter (book 2)

Pages: 352

My Rating: 5 stars

Do I even NEED to write a review for these books? I think their reputation should speak for itself. If I just said, "I loved it, a must read for anyone who hasn't actually read these," I think I would say enough. I feel like I'm just going to be repeating what so many people have already said about this amazing series in this review, so if you don't want to read things you already have heard, just know I loved this book. As it is, I will keep this review brief, even though I could really go on and on about how much I loved the book!

First, is there any book series more imaginative than Harry Potter? It certainly would be hard to imagine. I have read a fair share of books, but the Harry Potter series is certainly unique. Sometimes I would just read in amazement, wondering how J.K. Rowling was able to think up such things. She certainly has a huge imagination, and I loved that!

  Also, there is never one dull moment. I simply could not put this book down, nor did I want to. I have a sneaking suspicion that given the oppurtunity, I could have probably just sat on my couch and finished this book in one sitting. 

This book is obviously intended for someone younger than I am, but it really doesn't matter. If a book is good enough, I don't care that a book is a bit young for me, I just want to read it. Besides, I have been told that the stories get a bit more 'mature' as they go on, so I have an excuse. 

Well, I loved it, and this is a book that is highly worthy of a re-read someday. So, if for some odd reason you haven't read this series, do so immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!