Monday, March 24, 2014

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

The Titan's Curse

By Rick Riordan

Blurb: IT'S NOT EVERYDAY YOU FIND YOURSELF IN COMBAT WITH A HALF-LION, HALF-HUMAN.

But when you're the son of a Greek god, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster.

Oh and guess what. The Oracle has predicted that not all of us will survive...


Genres: Juvenile/Young Adult, Adventure, Fantasy 

Publication Date: May 5, 2007

Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (book 3)

Pages: 320

My Rating: 5 stars


WARNING: FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT READ THE FIRST TWO BOOKS IN THE SERIES, THERE ARE SOME SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW.

Wow. This book is the best out of the series for me so far...I haven't read the next two so that will most likely change, but I feel like there was a lot more depth to this one than the others.
I'm not saying the first and second book were not good, of course. I really liked them, but they were like...Harry Potter meets Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I loved all the action, but there was a lot of humor and the main plot was still taking off. I feel like in Titan's Curse, the storyline made tremendous leaps. Plus the ending made me tear up, so there's that.

First, I loved the new characters. Rick Riordan always manages to make the new characters super interesting, which is nice, because I sometimes don't really like a bunch of new characters coming in and would rather focus on the originals. With Percy Jackson, I HOPE that we get to meet new characters! I loved that we got to know Thalia in this book (I would like to say that I just knew at some point she was going to come to life again. I just knew it!) However, Nico and Bianca were really cool too. And Zoe...don't even get me started. Her backstory was so sad.

Second, plot. Like I said before, it felt much more important to the storyline than the first two. The first, I felt, was more of an intro to the series, then came the second, which was more important but still a bit light, and then came this one. It was great. There are so many twists and turns that you just DON'T see coming. The end is a 'weepy' kind of ending, but really, those are the best, aren't they?

These books have taught me more about Greek mythology than any history teacher has. They aren't only a blast to read, they're educational, which is awesome! These books are perfect for almost anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!