Friday, April 11, 2014

The Onyx Bridge by Sofia Malamas

The Onyx Bridge

by Sofia Malamas

Blurb: Teens and adults alike will love this new series! It is not a peaceful time in the Four Kingdoms. War is imminent, but all fear the coming of the human child, whose arrival, it is foretold, will aid in the resurrection of the terrible Dark Lord Coriol, a being with the power to destroy them all. Nothing extraordinary has ever happened to Evelyn Leighton. That is, until the day she turns seventeen and is transported through a Monet painting into a fantastical world where humans are thought to be extinct. To stop an ancient prophecy from coming true and save the world she has learned to call home, Evelyn must set out on a quest to find a legendary weapon: The Sign of the Four. Reluctantly, she accepts the aid of Jerris, an enigmatic, irresistibly attractive male descendant of the Water Kingdom with sapphire eyes as dark as his past. With her life on the line, Evelyn finds herself battling more than vicious trolls and mythical lion warriors. She must also battle her own heart;a battle she cannot afford to lose.

Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy 

Publication Date: September 12, 2012

Series: The Sign of The Four (book 1)

Pages: 390

My Rating: 3 stars


A free copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I am having a hard time organizing my thoughts on this one, so I am going to do a slightly different layout with this review.

Plot: Hmmm. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favorite fantasy either. It had similar elements of other fantasy novels I've read, which may have hindered me from enjoying it more. Not to say the plot was a ripoff; it wasn't, not at all. It just wasn't as original as I was expecting.

Characters: JERRIS!!!! Loved him. (I'll admit, I tend to fall for the 'bad boys'.) The author did a great job of bringing out the softer side of him, and developing his relationship with Evelyn.

Evelyn was an okay character. She didn't get on my nerves or anything; she just wasn't my favorite character in the world. Like I said before, I liked her and Jerris' relationship.

So, if you are looking for a Fantasy book that you might enjoy, don't overlook this one. I realize I'm extremely picky, and I am in the minority with this one; most people absolutely loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!