Saturday, February 21, 2015

Stacking The Shelves 2/21/15

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews as a way to show off all the books we've received this week!
Book thrift shopping was how I acquired a nice bundle of books this week. I got a few I've read and loved, and a few others have read and loved and I'd thought I'd try. No ARCs this week because I'm trying to stop myself from requesting too many until I finish the ones I already have. (It may take a while...)

From the top up:

The Great Good Thing by Roderick Townsley (this was one of my favorites when I was younger!)
Anna of Byzantium by Tracy Barrett
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson
The Iron King  by Julie Kagawa
The Help by Kathryn Stockett (One of my all-time favorites, and I got a really pretty copy too)
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier

I'm really happy with this haul. I was pleasantly surprised at how many good books my thrift store actually had! How was your book haul this week? Let me know below!

12 comments:

  1. Wow! You really got a lot of good books! Out of all the books you got, the only one that I've read is Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy and I really enjoyed it. Hope you like all of your books! Great haul! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another Ally Carter fan! I am in love with the Gallagher Girls series so I jumped when I saw it at the store. xD Thanks, I hope I enjoy them too!

      Delete
  2. Awesome haul! The Help is such a good book, as is the movie. I've not read any books by Ally Carter though I have heard pretty great things. I may have to pick up her books soon! The Iron King is an awesome book though I have to read the rest of the series still. I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the movie for the Help too! I think it's one of the few movies that is just as good as the book. (And I loved that it stayed so true to the story) I'm glad to hear you liked the Iron King! I'm hoping to get to it first out of all the books I got this week. :)

      Delete
  3. I read and loved Ally Carter;s ALL FALL DOWN, and now I'm dying to read the Gallagher Girls books! For the longest time I got "Gallagher" mixed up with "Gilmore," like the TV show, and so thought the books wouldn't be very interesting because I'm not a Gilmore Girls fan. Now that I have that straightened out, and I read/loved Ally Carter's ALL FALL DOWN, I need to read the Gallagher Girls books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha i can see where the confusion would come in, they do sound similar to one another! I haven't read All Fall Down yet but I have a B&N giftcard reserved just for that book. :)

      Delete
    2. Haha, sounds like a plan! It's a great book. Really puts you through some mental and emotional gynmastics.

      Delete
    3. I can't wait. I love books that manage to keep you thinking. Ally Carter said it was one of her favorites, so I'm sure it will be one of mine, too. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm trying to not request any right now either. I'm just trying to focus on the ones I have and the books that I've purchased. I've been neglecting my personal books lately. I've not read The Help yet. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been neglecting my personal books too. I really need to get back to those because a lot of my ARCs have been disappointing me. :/ The Help is an amazing book, I highly recommend it! Thanks. :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't been book thrift shopping in awhile but I always find awesome books! Might need to do that again soon hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Iron King is so good! I've only read the first two in the series though, I really want to continue with it one day.

    Hope you enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!