Saturday, March 7, 2015

Stacking The Shelves 3/7/15


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a great way for bloggers to showcase what books they got during the week!
As you can see, I went a bit crazy at the library this week. Two separate trips to two separate libraries...and I ended up getting most of the books that I've been dying to read for the past month. *Happy dance* Not included is To All The Boys I've Loved Before, because I've already read it. The review for it will hopefully be posted this week...it was one of those 'mixed feelings' kind of stories. Anyway, here is the list of the books shown above:

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Cartwheeling In Thunderstorms by Katherine Rundell
Pivot Point by Kasie West
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Jackaby by William Ritter
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

I also got a lot of Netgalley ARCs this week...I am so excited to read all of them.
description here
The DUFF
description here
How To Say I Love You Out Loud
description here
Hold Me Like a Breath
description here 
Sunbolt


description here

  








Apple and Rain


On the Blog Last Week:
Review: Paper or Plastic
Review: The Question of Miracles
Review: All The Answers
Review: Out of the Dragon's Mouth
Review: Painless
Review: The Kiss of Deception
Discussion: 5 Reasons Why Mary Sues Make Terrible for MCs

Phew! This is my biggest haul in a loooong time. What did you all get this week? Have you read any of these? Let me know in the comments below.

28 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice haul! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope I will enjoy them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like NetGalley had a lot of good books this week. I hope you enjoy all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Netgalley really blew up with some awesome books this week. It was hard for me to resist requesting more.

      Delete
  4. You got some awesome books :]
    Pivot Point and Rebel Belle are so good :]

    Recent Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have heard great things about them, so I decided to get them. I am glad you liked them, it makes me even more compelled to read them. :)

      Delete
  5. I keep seeing Fifth Wave all over the place, but I haven't checked it out yet. I guess I should get on that! By the way, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award here. No pressure if you don't want to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's apparently really good, and it's my first Rick Yancey novel so I'm excited. Thanks Jaina! I will try to do it soon. :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, great haul! I almost requested Apple & Rain, and I am not really sure why I didn't, but I guess I will wait for a few reviews and decide from there. Tons of great library books too, I hope you enjoy them all, and have a wonderful week!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few of my blogging friends really enjoyed it, so I thought I'd give it a try. I have never read anything by Sarah Crossan but I guess she won a Carnegie medal so she must be pretty good. ;) Thank you, you too!

      Delete
  7. Really great haul, looks like you got some really great reads from the library and Netgalley! I've read and enjoyed Rebel Belle, I hope you enjoy all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing great things about all of these books, so I'm sure I will! :D

      Delete
  8. Library hauls are the best! You got a great pile of books this week, especially Jackaby, Scarlet & Rebel Belle!

    Enjoy them all and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they definitely are! The library magically had all of the books I wanted this week (that basically never happens for me) so I was a bit greedy and grabbed them all. ;)

      Delete
  9. The only one hear that I've tried is the 5th Wave but I didn't finish it. I've heard it is to be made into a film so I'd be keen to give that a try instead. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't realize it was being made into a movie. Good thing I'm reading it then! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  10. Great haul! I can't wait for Hold Me Like a Breath. I recently got The DUFF too and I can't wait to read it! It sounds so good. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I! I promised myself i'd read it before watching the movie so I'd better get on that. XD

      Delete
  11. The DUFF was good, I want to check out the movie soon! Happy reading =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul!I've been wanting to pick up The Duff since the beginning of time but I haven't managed to do it yet.I might cheat and watch the movie though because it looks amazing and I don't know when I'm gonna get my hands on the book.Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I promised myself i wouldn't cheat this time, since i have with so many other movies, so I'd better get on it soon, haha!

      Delete
  13. That is an impressive haul! I have been sitting on the fence about The Duff as well. I may have to give it a try, though. It seems so many are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had been putting it off for years but after seeing the impressive reviews from everyone for both the book and the movie, I guess enough was enough, haha.

      Delete
  14. I loved Pivot Point and The 5th Wave! They are in my top books and favorites. Hope you enjoy them!!

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I have heard great things about them so I'm sure I will. Thank you for following me, I am also following you as well now. :)

      Delete
  15. I am reading the 5th wave right now. Frustrating start but it picks up after a bit. Hope you've been enjoying all these. Happy Reading!
    Here’s my STS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog!